Monday, November 19, 2007

countdown.......and other things

Last night, while John was typing in his blog, I decided to get the baby book out again and look at names. I would throw them out and see if John would like them. Sometimes if thought he wasn't quite listening, I would say, "We're having triplets." Then he would stop typing and give me a funny look and say, "I'm listening." So far, we still can't really agree on a name. It was so easy with Keegan. The moment I saw the name....Keegan. John Keegan Piedmont. Very easy. Very nice. Of course a lot of people thought we were naming him after a famous military historian, John Keegan. Ummm....yeah...NO. Otherwise, I really liked the name Mitchell. Don't ask me why. I just did and still do. Well, hopefully this Wednesday, we will find out what the sex is and that will narrow down the name search. Or at least we think. Since I'm sure its a girl, I'm stuck for names. If it's a boy, I already have names picked out that John would like and hes heard before.

I don't know what everybody else is doing for Thanksgiving. but we are having Johns sisters over for the "giving of thanks". Along with his mother and brother-n-law. If you don't know about John....he has 5 sisters, 2 brother-n-laws and 2 nieces. When I asked Santa for a sister each year when I was younger, I didn't expect to get 5 sister-n-laws. Phew and then some! When I met John, he didn't' tell me about his sisters for 2 weeks. Guess he didn't' want to scare me away. :op Two of the sisters live near us. The 1st sister lives in Roanoke near their mom. Shes a director of something for someone. Don't ask me. Its hard enough to remember. The 2nd sister lives in the Austin. Shes is a professor of English Literature. The 3rd sister is lives in DC and is a professor of architecture via satellite and then the 4th sister lives in Fredericksburg and she's a teacher as well. The 5th sister lives down in Williamsburg and she just became an activities director. I don't know which one has the PhD. I just know that Johns mom and dad got all 6 kids through college. I think its truly amazing. So number 1, 4 (and spouse and child) and 5 (and child) are coming to our house. I'm kind of excited for their arrival. But if you ask John, he asked me not to do invite them again. It gets to be too much. Since our family is getting bigger. I'm just glad I don't cook the meal. (That's the only reason I married John....because he cooks. :o) Sucker! I'm just kidding.)

I have 2 older brothers. The oldest one is a jeweler. His talent is remarkable. The 2nd oldest brother has a degree in photography, which his talent is remarkable too, but is an outfitter, who right now is in Africa making a video hunt for someone. My family is not making it for this holiday. I went back to Montana a couple years ago with John for Christmas. We almost died that year. That's another story for another time.

But back to Thanksgiving, sorry, I got off track with Johns family and mine. We're are debating on whether to tell the family what sex baby we are having. I always think its a bit early at 19 weeks. Especially for us. Keegan wouldn't move at all when we went to find out each time. We didn't know till almost at the very end. Also, I heard people say that they were having a girl and then came out a girl. hahaha....Just someone I know. So I don't want it to be wrong. Well, I'm warming up to the thought of having a girl. I always wanted 2 boys. But of course I can't control that. But sine I already have a boy, I'm ok with having a girl. But if we do have a girl, that's great too. I will welcome her with open arms.

Imagine being this family with open arms....http://health.discovery.com/convergence/gosselins/gosselins.html

No comments: