What can I say about being pregnant? Ummm......Its very different. I'm about a week into my 2nd trimester. I'm feeling better. I still get sick sometimes, but not as often as I used to. It was worse this time around then last time. :o( I'm glad though that I'm not getting sick every other minute now.
A few of my neighbors liked being pregnant. Or should I say, did really well being pregnant till the very end. I just feel different.
My first pregnancy was just hard only because I went into pre-term labor and I had gestational diabetes (GD)and my ob and endocrine doctor were trying to figure out if I should go on a new pill that came out for GD or if I should give myself insulin everyday. The doctors went at it a little bit, but in the end, I gave myself insulin after they agreed what should be done. Its amazing what doctors have their opinions about what their patient should do or shouldn't do. I followed the strict diet except maybe once or twice and wrote down every little thing I ate along with my blood sugar level. In the end it was worth it. We had a very healthy baby boy, Keegan (2 1/2). I probably would of eaten everything in sight. I was a bit jealous that none of my other friends weren't GD. They could eat whatever, but of course the ones I'm talking about aren't junk food eaters like myself. :op My husband and I were kind of hoping that I was GD. Only because it did control the way I ate. This time around though, I'm eating whatever strikes me. I've been eating a lot of sweets. Which is so not like me. I won't lie. You might see me at the nearest Wendys. Yes, it's gross, but keeps me going. Especially when I procrastinate on eating during this pregnancy. One hour goes by. And then another. And then before you know it, I HAVE TO EAT. Its a good thing I just like to eat anyway.
Next Wednesday we will find out what the sex is. Honestly, I believe it's a girl. What am I going to do with a girl. I wear black t-shirts and jeans all the time. The thought of pink......geez. Or even lavender. I think I can do lavender, just not pink. But knowing me, I'm sure I will find a lot of cute things in pink.
As far as naming goes, I went out a bought a book, 100,000+ baby Names. John has nixed every name possible but one for a girl, which I'm still not sure of. As for a boy, we are still discussing. Of course I told him a name today and all he could do was relate it to the marine corps. Geesh! Always has something to do with the marine corps. :o) That's OK though. At least he didn't nix it right away. All I ever say to him is, "When you can carry a baby for 9 months, you let me know otherwise, I'm naming the baby." He just gives me a goofy look.
Well, I guess that's all I have to say about being pregnant. It is what it is. The best thing about the first pregnancy is when I gave birth in less than 40 minutes! Yes, I am bragging! :op
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment