Tuesday, November 20, 2007

and the winner is................

A couple of hours ago, John and I went in for our first official sonogram to make sure everything was okay with the baby and also to find out what the sex is. But first, before I go on to say what the sex is. Let me just say a few things. When I was little, I said if I got married and had kids, I would want boys. I was just never quite the "girly" type. I could sit there and "ewww and ahh" at the clothes in stores, but when it came down to it, I'm definitely more into the boys things all around. I asked John the past couple of months what he thought we were going to have and he said, "I think we broke the code on having boys." Only because hes the last child and only boy from from a family of 6 children. Can you imagine having 5 sisters before him? People would think he would be close to them. Not really as I have learned.

So as time went on, I kept asking John if he still thought we were having a boy. He reply was, "yes". So today when we went in, I held John's hand and asked the same question. He said, "boy". I said, "girl". They called us in for the appointment. The tech put the gel on my stomach and started scanning my stomach. Not less than 2 minutes, she showed us. John and I started crying again as we did with Keegan when we found out. I couldn't even believe it. Can you imagine my face when we found out????? I was beside myself. Yes! God has granted us another BOY to carry on the Piedmont name. I will say that maybe I was just a teensy bit sad that it wasn't a girl. But more glad that its a boy! :o)

So for now, I'm just going to sit and relish in the moment of having "all boys" like I wanted. :o)

I won't be writing tomorrow on Thanksgiving. But everyone, from the Piedmonts, we hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are so fortunate.

My wife was around 8 months along, and I was 4000 miles away when she found out that we were having a boy.

It was the day we were leaving Scotland, embarking on another 7 week mission. I called home and she informed me of the news.

Needless to say, I was happy, much as I am sure you all are.

Congratulations!

Misty said...

i say again - yay! congrats :)